Friday, February 18, 2011

Life In a Teacup Part 2 - Jasmine's Pearl Necklace

DukeOEarl: Our second /t/ smelled like Necco Wafers before brewing. Not bad. After brewing it was definitely a jasmine tea. There was no mistake about that. Smelled like fucking flowers and Arabic princesses. Yup, fuck oil, I know what the US military actually wants from all these wars. Speaking of oil, this /t/ was immediately darker than the weed oolong. Wtf a darker green tea?

Tea_Pain: Yeah, definitely a ton darker. I'm almost to the point of calling the weed /t/ a white /t/ if we were comparing the two. This close. Anyway, I'm pretty familiar with jasmine /t/. This stuff is essentially what roped me into the loose leaf world and probably pushed me to join forces with Duke. Even though I've since moved on from this very floral /t/, I still find myself enjoying a cup every now and then. I'm a big fan of pearls as you generally get more for your buck (because of all that expansion while brewing) and, if you're a caffeine junkie, you can use them like chewing tobacco. That's right, you can still be a man and not get cancer. Fuck yeah.

DukeOEarl: Yeah, this is pretty generic-tasting for a jasmine /t/. I'm not a fan of green /t/ea. I can see how some people would like this, but I still personally cannot. It is definitely better than the average green /t/ even with the sketch, condom-like packaging. Give these to a girl who smells bad and you'll almost get a pu erh.

Tea_Pain: Damn it Duke. I just had a flashback and my nose inverted. As a final note, these "pearls" weren't so much pearls as they were...spitballs. These would've been perfect ammunition for middle school when we had those small straws for Capri Sun and shit. Above all though, this is still your average jasmine pearl /t/ but with a bit more acidity and a little less jasmine bite. I'm not convinced I'd ever need more than a sample of these when other tea shops have products that are easily just as good or, more likely, better.


What: Fragrant Pearl Jasmine Green Tea (Life in a Teacup)
How much: $1/sample
What kind: Green - Jasmine
Taste: Very jasminey. Like a spoiled Arabian princess.
Repeat Drinkability: 6/10 (For the price, it isn't outlandish for jasmine, making it the Lipton of jasmine pearls. Con...grats?)
Manliness: 3/10 (If this were any manlier, it would have a unibrow and make Jasmine look like Frida.)

No comments:

Post a Comment